A new hostel in opening in Whistler for low-cost summer and winter getaways at the B.C. ski resort.
Want a budget getaway to Whistler? A new hostel is opening July 1 at the B.C. resort.
Part of the Hostelling International network, the new hostel holds 188 people in dormitory-style four-person rooms or in 14 private rooms. There’s a large kitchen for guests to use; a TV room and games room; bike, snowboard and ski storage; an on-site cafe; and free Wi-Fi.
Rates begin at about $28 ($30 Cnd.) per person for a shared room and about $92 ($99 Cdn.) per room for a private room (with bathroom) for a couple or family.
The hostel, which housed athletes during the Winter Olympics in February, is about four miles south of Whistler Village in the Cheakamus Crossing area. It replaces a small 25-bed hostel that will close.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections
Most Read Stories
Buses run from the hostel to Whistler Village, which in summer offers scenic lift rides, hiking, biking and music festivals and winter skiing on 38 lifts and more than 200 trails.
Information and reservations: www.hihostels.ca/newwhistlerhostel.
Tourism Whistler: www.whistler.com
Kristin Jackson, Seattle Times staff