CASTRIES, St. Lucia — Officials on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia say masked gunmen have held up a tour bus, robbing about 50 sightseers from a cruise ship. No one was hurt.
Tourism Minister Lorne Theophilus tells local broadcaster DBS TV that the Friday robbery of cruise passengers on a shore excursion in Soufriere was an “unfortunate and a horrible scenario.”
No details have been released about the holdup of tourists from Celebrity Cruise line’s Eclipse vessel.
Spokeswomen for Celebrity Cruises did not respond to calls and emails Sunday seeking comment. The company is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which also did not respond.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Police decline to provide information on the investigation.
St. Lucia Tourist Board Chairman Mathew Beaubrun has portrayed the robbery as a “rare incident.”