CASTRIES, St. Lucia — Officials on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia say masked gunmen have held up a tour bus, robbing about 50 sightseers from a cruise ship. No one was hurt.
Tourism Minister Lorne Theophilus tells local broadcaster DBS TV that the Friday robbery of cruise passengers on a shore excursion in Soufriere was an “unfortunate and a horrible scenario.”
No details have been released about the holdup of tourists from Celebrity Cruise line’s Eclipse vessel.
Spokeswomen for Celebrity Cruises did not respond to calls and emails Sunday seeking comment. The company is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which also did not respond.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Police decline to provide information on the investigation.
St. Lucia Tourist Board Chairman Mathew Beaubrun has portrayed the robbery as a “rare incident.”