CASTRIES, St. Lucia — Officials on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia say masked gunmen have held up a tour bus, robbing about 50 sightseers from a cruise ship. No one was hurt.
Tourism Minister Lorne Theophilus tells local broadcaster DBS TV that the Friday robbery of cruise passengers on a shore excursion in Soufriere was an “unfortunate and a horrible scenario.”
No details have been released about the holdup of tourists from Celebrity Cruise line’s Eclipse vessel.
Spokeswomen for Celebrity Cruises did not respond to calls and emails Sunday seeking comment. The company is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which also did not respond.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
Police decline to provide information on the investigation.
St. Lucia Tourist Board Chairman Mathew Beaubrun has portrayed the robbery as a “rare incident.”