An elderly man died and four people were injured in an Enumclaw car accident on Route 164 Friday.
An elderly man died and four people were injured in an Enumclaw car accident on Route 164 Friday afternoon.
The elderly man, whose name has yet to be released, was driving a gold Buick when he attempted to cross Route 164 from 196th Avenue Southeast and pulled out in front of an eastbound Ford Explorer.
The Explorer T-boned the man’s vehicle while traveling near the posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour, according to trooper Cliff Pratt of the Washington State Patrol.
An elderly woman who was in the Buick has been airlifted in serious condition to the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Pratt said. Three females, who were in the Explorer, were taken to Auburn Medical Center to be treated for minor injuries.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Traffic was backed up for nearly four hours as spectators were headed to the “Summer Jam” music festival at the Muckleshoot’s White River Amphitheatre.
Carly Flandro: 206-464-2108 or email@example.com