An elderly man died and four people were injured in an Enumclaw car accident on Route 164 Friday.
An elderly man died and four people were injured in an Enumclaw car accident on Route 164 Friday afternoon.
The elderly man, whose name has yet to be released, was driving a gold Buick when he attempted to cross Route 164 from 196th Avenue Southeast and pulled out in front of an eastbound Ford Explorer.
The Explorer T-boned the man’s vehicle while traveling near the posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour, according to trooper Cliff Pratt of the Washington State Patrol.
An elderly woman who was in the Buick has been airlifted in serious condition to the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Pratt said. Three females, who were in the Explorer, were taken to Auburn Medical Center to be treated for minor injuries.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
Most Read Stories
Traffic was backed up for nearly four hours as spectators were headed to the “Summer Jam” music festival at the Muckleshoot’s White River Amphitheatre.
Carly Flandro: 206-464-2108 or firstname.lastname@example.org