Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 remain closed all weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from Friday night until 5 a.m. Monday between South Albro Place and Spokane Street. A fourth lane is to close from midnight to 4 a.m. Monday.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time