Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 remain closed all weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from Friday night until 5 a.m. Monday between South Albro Place and Spokane Street. A fourth lane is to close from midnight to 4 a.m. Monday.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure