Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 remain closed all weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from Friday night until 5 a.m. Monday between South Albro Place and Spokane Street. A fourth lane is to close from midnight to 4 a.m. Monday.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain