Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 remain closed all weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from Friday night until 5 a.m. Monday between South Albro Place and Spokane Street. A fourth lane is to close from midnight to 4 a.m. Monday.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth