Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 remain closed all weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from Friday night until 5 a.m. Monday between South Albro Place and Spokane Street. A fourth lane is to close from midnight to 4 a.m. Monday.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected