Troubled Washington State football player Xavier Hicks Jr. has been ticketed for driving with a suspended license as he was driving home...
PULLMAN — Troubled Washington State football player Xavier Hicks Jr. has been ticketed for driving with a suspended license as he was driving home from jail.
Hicks, 21, was released from the Whitman County Jail on Wednesday morning after serving a 45-day sentence and drove toward Pullman.
But he did not have a valid driver’s license, so jail personnel contacted Pullman police. Police stopped Hicks when he entered town and issued a misdemeanor ticket.
Hicks had just concluded his sentence in the Colfax jail for stealing a debit card last September and for putting rubbing alcohol in his roommate’s contact-lens case in January.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again