PULLMAN – Reshanda Gray scored 24 points and Brittany Boyd added 23 as No. 23 California pulled away for an 87-70 victory over Washington State in a Pac-12 women’s basketball game Sunday.
California (16-7, 8-4 Pac-12) trailed by as many as eight points in the second half and was down 55-51 with 11½ minutes to play. The Golden Bears then went on a 24-2 run to build a 75-57 lead and put the game out of reach.
Washington State (12-12, 6-6) went nearly nine minutes without scoring from the field as Cal pulled away.
Afure Jemerigbe added 18 points and Gennifer Brandon scored 13 for Cal, which held a 55-27 rebounding advantage.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
Most Read Stories
Brandon led the Bears with season-high 20 rebounds while Gray had 10.
Tia Presley, who is from Spokane, led Washington State with 20 points and Lia Galdeira added 13.
The Cougars have dropped six of seven games after beginning conference play 5-0.
California shot 44.1 percent from the field, compared with 38.7 percent for WSU. The Bears had a 46-22 advantage in points in the paint.
At Arizona 68, No. 11 Arizona St. 49
Carissa Crutchfield scored a career-high 20 points to lead the Wildcats (5-18, 1-11) past the rival Sun Devils (20-4, 9-3).
Arizona rebounded from Tuesday’s 60-36 loss at Arizona State.
Deja Mann scored 15 points for the Sun Devils.