Ariya Crook made two free throws with 0. 8 seconds left as USC earned a dramatic 61-59 victory over Washington State at Galen Center on...
LOS ANGELES — Ariya Crook made two free throws with 0.8 seconds left as USC earned a dramatic 61-59 victory over Washington State at Galen Center on Sunday.
The game had 12 lead changes and Crook’s free throws answered a WSU three-pointer by Lia Galdeira that tied the score at 59 with four seconds left.
The victory is the fourth straight for the Women of Troy (7-9, 4-0 Pac-12), who are off to their best conference start since 2004-05.
Tia Presley scored 25 points for WSU (5-10, 1-3). Galdeira had 14 points.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
Most Read Stories
Cassie Harberts scored 18 points and had 10 rebounds for USC.
Crook had 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists for the Trojans and Kate Oliver added 10 points.
Washington State led 32-28 at halftime. USC shot 34 percent from the field for the game. The Cougars shot 31 percent. Both teams shot 83.3 percent from the free-throw line.