Ariya Crook made two free throws with 0. 8 seconds left as USC earned a dramatic 61-59 victory over Washington State at Galen Center on...
LOS ANGELES — Ariya Crook made two free throws with 0.8 seconds left as USC earned a dramatic 61-59 victory over Washington State at Galen Center on Sunday.
The game had 12 lead changes and Crook’s free throws answered a WSU three-pointer by Lia Galdeira that tied the score at 59 with four seconds left.
The victory is the fourth straight for the Women of Troy (7-9, 4-0 Pac-12), who are off to their best conference start since 2004-05.
Tia Presley scored 25 points for WSU (5-10, 1-3). Galdeira had 14 points.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
Cassie Harberts scored 18 points and had 10 rebounds for USC.
Crook had 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists for the Trojans and Kate Oliver added 10 points.
Washington State led 32-28 at halftime. USC shot 34 percent from the field for the game. The Cougars shot 31 percent. Both teams shot 83.3 percent from the free-throw line.