Time: 2 p.m. Saturday at Martin Stadium TV: None. Radio: 770 AM. The line: None. The setup: Idaho State, 1-10 last year, starts anew under...
Time: 2 p.m. Saturday at Martin Stadium
TV: None. Radio: 770 AM. The line: None.
The setup: Idaho State, 1-10 last year, starts anew under Big Sky veteran Mike Kramer. Washington State hopes to fight for a bowl game under fourth-year coach Paul Wulff.
Key matchup: WSU coverage units vs. Idaho State’s Tavoy Moore. Moore returned two punts and two kickoffs for touchdowns last year and earned Football Championship Subdivision All-America honors.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
What to expect: Schematically, the two may look similar. ISU will run mostly a spread passing game out of the shotgun, with JC transfer Kevin Yost at QB. Junior Jeff Tuel operates WSU’s offense with a solid array of receiving options. Defensively, the Cougars hope to take advantage of an inexperienced ISU line.
Notes: Last winning season for both teams was in 2003. … Wulff worked under Kramer at Eastern Washington from 1994 to ’99, and Kramer also coached Montana State from 2000 to ’06. … Cougars are 42-2 against Big Sky schools, 26-0 at home, and haven’t lost to one since a defeat to Montana in 1947. … Last year, Montana State led most of the way before WSU came back late for a 23-22 win.
Upset brewing? Kramer spent last season as a non-coaching assistant at WSU, but even with the inside knowledge, it’s difficult to see the Bengals testing what should be improved Cougars.
Injuries: ISU — OL Brad Shedd (knee), LB Leki Fuapau (knee) out. WSU — DE Travis Long (knee), CB Nolan Washington (hamstring) probable.
Prediction: WSU 41, Idaho State 10.