Washington State experienced a rollercoaster 2012 campaign in Mike Leach’s first season as head football coach, but it ended on a high note in the Apple Cup as the Cougars rallied from an 18-point deficit in the fourth quarter to beat Washington 31-28 in overtime.
Prior to joining the Cougars, he went 84-43 at Texas Tech from 2000-09, leading the Red Raiders to 10 bowl appearances in 10 seasons.
During his tenure at Tech, Leach’s offense led the nation in passing six times and three times accumulated the most total yards.
Leach answered questions about the Cougars’ latest recruiting class, the outlook for 2013 and more in a live chat on Feb. 22.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip