Senior running back Chris Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State football team following practice Monday. Ivory, who attended the...
PULLMAN — Senior running back Chris Ivory was dismissed from the Washington State football team following practice Monday.
Ivory, who attended the season-opening practice Sunday but was absent Monday, was dismissed for a violation of team rules, according to WSU spokesman Bill Stevens.
The 6-foot, 225-pound Ivory gained 534 yards in a three-year Cougars career limited by a series of injuries.
Last season he missed the final eight games with a hamstring injury. While healthy, he had kickoff returns of 68 yards against California and 50 yards against Baylor in his home state of Texas.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth