STANFORD, Calif. – Chiney Ogwumike scored a career-high 37 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in her final career regular-season game for No. 5 Stanford, leading the Cardinal to an 84-64 victory over Washington State on Saturday night.
Ogwumike surpassed her previous career high of 36, which she set against Cal Poly this season and matched against WSU on Feb. 7.
Stanford (28-2, 17-1 Pac-12) improved to 57-0 in the series against Washington State (15-15, 9-9).
Lia Galdeira led the Cougars with 16 points.
|Saturday’s resultsWashington 70, California 65Stanford 84, Washington St. 64|
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled