Legendary Northwest sports broadcaster Bob Robertson and former WSU wide receiver Shawn McWashington are in the middle of their first season as part of the Cougars’ football broadcast team. They are also joined in the booth by longtime WSU broadcaster Bud Nameck.
Robertson, 83, has been the WSU play-by-play man for 41 consecutive seasons and 46 seasons overall. Throughout his long career he has called numerous sports, including Seattle and Tacoma Rainiers baseball, PLU basketball as well as well as the original NASL Sounders. He has also won numerous awards for his exceptional broadcasting work.
McWashington, 37, starred at Garfield High School and was part of the Fab Five receiving corps during WSU’s storybook 1997 season. As a senior he caught 33 passes for 597 yards and three touchdowns and helped the team earn a Rose Bowl berth against Michigan.
Both Robertson and McWashington will be available to talk about their respective careers, the Cougars’ 2012 season and much more in a live chat at noon Wednesday on seattletimes.com.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space