Play of the game: Oregon State running back Yvenson Bernard scored on an 18-yard touchdown run with 6:22 to go in the first quarter, extending...
Play of the game: Oregon State running back Yvenson Bernard scored on an 18-yard touchdown run with 6:22 to go in the first quarter, extending the Beavers’ lead to 14-0.
Star of the game: Bernard ran 17 times for 74 yards and two touchdowns.
Turning point: OSU’s Joey LaRocque intercepted an Alex Brink pass and returned it to the WSU 30-yard line with 1:09 to play in the first quarter. Eight plays later, the Beavers scored on an 8-yard run by James Rodgers to make it 21-0.
Cougars highlight: Romeen Abdollmohammadi hit a 40-yard field goal in the second quarter, extending his streak to nine consecutive field goals made.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Capitol Hill cellphone robbery gets worse once gunfire starts
Most Read Stories
Cougars lowlights: Brink threw six interceptions, five in the first half. The team threw a total of seven.
Key stat: The Cougars turned the ball over seven times in their first nine possessions. The Beavers didn’t commit a turnover.
Key injuries: None reported.
Next week: at Washington, 4 p.m., FSN.