Player of the game: California linebacker Zack Follett bedeviled Washington State much of the evening, never more so than on the Cougars'...
Player of the game: California linebacker Zack Follett bedeviled Washington State much of the evening, never more so than on the Cougars’ series inside the Bears’ 15 midway through the final period. He hit Alex Brink to force an incompletion, then tripped Brink up on a scramble attempt.
Play of the game: Cal’s Justin Forsett ran 44 yards for a touchdown with less than three minutes to play and Cal nursing a 13-9 lead, giving the Bears a 20-9 advantage that enabled them to withstand a final WSU touchdown.
Cougars highlight: Kicker Romeen Abdollmohammadi kicked a career-long 42-yard field goal in the third quarter, one of three straight for him.
Cougars lowlight: In the first half, WSU had possession for just 9 minutes, 14 seconds.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
Turning point: The Bears took control early with two first-half drives of 17 and 20 plays, respectively, scoring a touchdown and field goal to take a 10-0 lead.
Next up: Stanford at Martin Stadium, 3:30 p.m. Saturday, FSN.