As the performance of the Washington State football team improves, so does its coaches’ salary.
WSU athletic director Bill Moos amended the contract for head coach Mike Leach to raise his annual media compensation from $100,000 a year to $600,000 per year, raising his total guaranteed annual compensation to $2.75 million.
That figure puts Leach behind only Washington’s Chris Petersen and UCLA’s Jim Mora among the Pac-12 public schools.
Additionally, Moos allocated another $500,000 for assistant coaches salaries.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
Most Read Stories
Moos cited efforts by UW and USC to hire defensive line coach Joe Salave’a a reason for the assistants’ pay bump.