As the performance of the Washington State football team improves, so does its coaches’ salary.
WSU athletic director Bill Moos amended the contract for head coach Mike Leach to raise his annual media compensation from $100,000 a year to $600,000 per year, raising his total guaranteed annual compensation to $2.75 million.
That figure puts Leach behind only Washington’s Chris Petersen and UCLA’s Jim Mora among the Pac-12 public schools.
Additionally, Moos allocated another $500,000 for assistant coaches salaries.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Moos cited efforts by UW and USC to hire defensive line coach Joe Salave’a a reason for the assistants’ pay bump.