As the performance of the Washington State football team improves, so does its coaches’ salary.
WSU athletic director Bill Moos amended the contract for head coach Mike Leach to raise his annual media compensation from $100,000 a year to $600,000 per year, raising his total guaranteed annual compensation to $2.75 million.
That figure puts Leach behind only Washington’s Chris Petersen and UCLA’s Jim Mora among the Pac-12 public schools.
Additionally, Moos allocated another $500,000 for assistant coaches salaries.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
Moos cited efforts by UW and USC to hire defensive line coach Joe Salave’a a reason for the assistants’ pay bump.