As the performance of the Washington State football team improves, so does its coaches’ salary.
WSU athletic director Bill Moos amended the contract for head coach Mike Leach to raise his annual media compensation from $100,000 a year to $600,000 per year, raising his total guaranteed annual compensation to $2.75 million.
That figure puts Leach behind only Washington’s Chris Petersen and UCLA’s Jim Mora among the Pac-12 public schools.
Additionally, Moos allocated another $500,000 for assistant coaches salaries.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
Moos cited efforts by UW and USC to hire defensive line coach Joe Salave’a a reason for the assistants’ pay bump.