As the performance of the Washington State football team improves, so does its coaches’ salary.
WSU athletic director Bill Moos amended the contract for head coach Mike Leach to raise his annual media compensation from $100,000 a year to $600,000 per year, raising his total guaranteed annual compensation to $2.75 million.
That figure puts Leach behind only Washington’s Chris Petersen and UCLA’s Jim Mora among the Pac-12 public schools.
Additionally, Moos allocated another $500,000 for assistant coaches salaries.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Moos cited efforts by UW and USC to hire defensive line coach Joe Salave’a a reason for the assistants’ pay bump.