Player of the game California receiver Keenan Allen caught 11 passes for 166 yards. His 69-yard touchdown reception from Zach Maynard got...
Player of the game
California receiver Keenan Allen caught 11 passes for 166 yards. His 69-yard touchdown reception from Zach Maynard got the Bears off to a 7-0 lead in the first quarter.
Plays of the game
Washington State’s second and third possessions, both into Cal territory, ended when Cougars quarterback Connor Halliday was intercepted. After the second interception, Halliday was replaced by Jeff Tuel.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
The Bears took the opening kickoff and crushed any Cougars hopes of a comeback by marching 71 yards in nine plays for a touchdown that made it 21-3.
Oct. 27, at Stanford.
By the numbers
63 Passes thrown by Washington State. Jeff Tuel, who replaced Connor Halliday in the first quarter, completed 30 of 53 for 320 yards, with two touchdowns.
112 Rushing yards for Cal’s C.J. Anderson, on just 15 carries. Anderson scored twice.
507 Total offense for the Bears, 318 of it coming on the ground.
Seattle Times staff
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||W, 35-27|
|Sept. 22||Colorado||L, 35-34|
|Sept. 29||Oregon||L, 51-26|
|Oct. 6||at Ore. St.||L, 19-6|
|Oct. 13||California||L, 31-17|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||TBA|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||TBA|
|Nov. 17||at Ariz. St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||UW||12:30 p.m.|