Game time: 7:30 p.m., at Martin Stadium.
Coach: Mike Riley (85-68, 12th year at OSU).
Record: 4-1 overall, 2-0 in Pac-12.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's mammoth cutter head emerges from tunnel vault
Most Read Stories
Last game: Beavers had a bye last weekend, and before that, beat Colorado 44-17 after expanding a 17-3 halftime lead.
The series: WSU leads 48-46-3.
The early line: Cougars by 1 point.
Key players: QB Sean Mannion is the national passing leader with 21 touchdowns, two interceptions and a 165.9 passer rating. WR Brandin Cooks has 52 catches for 807 yards. All-league DE Scott Crichton has eight tackles for loss, CB Steven Nelson has four interceptions and S Tyrequek Zimmerman leads in tackles with 40.
OSU’s key to success: Defense, which improved in the Colorado game, is pivotal to OSU’s chances, because the offense has been putting up points against everybody. The tackles and middle linebacker were considered liabilities earlier, but that might not matter as much against pass-minded Cougars.