Leach might appeal decision over his firing at Texas Tech
LUBBOCK, Texas — A judge has dismissed the last remaining count in football coach Mike Leach’s wrongful-termination lawsuit against Texas Tech.
State District Judge William Sowder told the school and Leach’s attorney that Texas Tech didn’t violate the coach’s due-process rights when he was fired in December 2009.
Leach’s attorney, Ted Liggett, told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that Leach is considering options that could include an appeal.
Leach, about to start his second season as the head coach at Washington State, sued after he was fired for alleged mistreatment of a player. He denied the accusation.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
• Gonzaga’s Dan Dickau will be inducted into the West Coast Conference Hall of Honor next month. Dickau made The Associated Press first-team All-America team in 2002. He was the 2002 WCC Player of the Year.
• Central Washington’s Tyler Roberts struck out 10, but it wasn’t enough for the baseball Wildcats (0-3), who were 6-0 road losers to Cal State East Bay (3-0).
• Western Washington (3-5) lost both ends of a softball doubleheader, losing 3-2 and 5-2 to host Hawaii-Hilo (5-3). In the first game, Meghan Carrillo had two hits and an RBI for the Vikings, and Alexie Levin had a triple and a single. Allie Crowe and Haylee Baker had two hits each in the second game.
• Seattle native Thea Wolfe is scheduled to make her professional mixed martial arts debut Feb. 16 at CageSport XXIII at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma. Her debut will come exactly eight months after being in a accident in which her car flipped five times and left her in critical condition. She will face Sarah Lagerstrom, who also is making her pro debut.
From The Associated Press
and association news releases.