An agreement has been reached between Fox Sports and Dish Network, removing a planned blackout of four college football games this weekend, including the Washington State-Rutgers game Thursday night at CenturyLink Field, a Pac-12 spokesman said Wednesday.
The sides had differed over a surcharge Fox sought to levy on some sports events, and which Dish had balked at picking up. Without an agreement, the blackout could have affected as many as 14 games involving Pac-12 teams on Fox Sports 1 this fall.
WSU’s opener against Rutgers will be aired on Fox Sports 1 on Dish, the spokesman said, as well as other carriers. Also freed of the blackout is the Colorado-Colorado State game Friday night.
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson