An agreement has been reached between Fox Sports and Dish Network, removing a planned blackout of four college football games this weekend, including the Washington State-Rutgers game Thursday night at CenturyLink Field, a Pac-12 spokesman said Wednesday.
The sides had differed over a surcharge Fox sought to levy on some sports events, and which Dish had balked at picking up. Without an agreement, the blackout could have affected as many as 14 games involving Pac-12 teams on Fox Sports 1 this fall.
WSU’s opener against Rutgers will be aired on Fox Sports 1 on Dish, the spokesman said, as well as other carriers. Also freed of the blackout is the Colorado-Colorado State game Friday night.
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or email@example.com
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings