An agreement has been reached between Fox Sports and Dish Network, removing a planned blackout of four college football games this weekend, including the Washington State-Rutgers game Thursday night at CenturyLink Field, a Pac-12 spokesman said Wednesday.
The sides had differed over a surcharge Fox sought to levy on some sports events, and which Dish had balked at picking up. Without an agreement, the blackout could have affected as many as 14 games involving Pac-12 teams on Fox Sports 1 this fall.
WSU’s opener against Rutgers will be aired on Fox Sports 1 on Dish, the spokesman said, as well as other carriers. Also freed of the blackout is the Colorado-Colorado State game Friday night.
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect