In the four-year Paul Wulff regime, Cougars surrendered 186 sacks. That puts not only down-and-distance, but your quarterbacks, in peril...
Hold those blocks
In the four-year Paul Wulff regime, Cougars surrendered 186 sacks. That puts not only down-and-distance, but your quarterbacks, in peril.
Be stout up front
The dismissal of Anthony Laurenzi thins a defensive line that was already a question mark. Cougars need some breakthrough performances here.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Kick it deep
The defense was continually put in bad positions in 2011 by short kickoffs. Transfer kicker Michael Bowlin should help improve that deficiency.
Minimize mistakes at linebacker
Travis Long moves from end to “Buck” linebacker spot in the new 3-4. He joins three who don’t have a start yet at WSU, so the youngsters will need to grow up quickly.
Easier said than done, but as coach Mike Leach has noted, depth is generally lacking on this roster. Either the front-line guys have to stay on the field, or WSU has to get quick help from incoming players.