Game time: 7 p.m., at CenturyLink Field.
Coach: David Shaw (26-4, third season at Stanford).
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Last game: Stanford took a 39-7 third-quarter lead on Arizona State and held on to win 39-28.
The series: Stanford leads 37-25-1 and has won the past five meetings.
The early line: Stanford by 10½ points.
Key players: Quarterback Kevin Hogan has a high pass-efficiency rating of 167.7. Tailback Tyler Gaffney, after giving up a pro baseball career, rushes for 5.6 yards per carry. Wide receiver Ty Montgomery averages 19.5 yards per catch. LB Shayne Skov leads the Cardinal in tackles with 24, and All-Pac-12 OLB Trent Murphy has two sacks among 3.5 tackles for loss.
Stanford’s key to success: Cardinal plays with an old-style, power running game and physical nature up front on both sides. The run makes play-action passes effective, and the offensive line, one of the best in the country, makes it hard to pressure Hogan.