Game time: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Martin Stadium
TV: Pac-12 Network
Coach: Ed Lamb (28-29, sixth season at Southern Utah).
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Last game: Swamped Division II Fort Lewis, the team coached by former D-I coach John L. Smith, 49-0, sparked by two fumble recoveries for touchdowns in the first half.
The series: This is the first meeting between the schools.
Star players: Quarterback Aaron Cantu, a 6-foot-2, 215-pound junior college transfer, was 15 of 16 in the first half against Fort Lewis before giving way to a backup in the second half. … Senior safety Tommy Collet Jr. has interceptions in three consecutive games.
Thunderbirds’ key to success: Causing turnovers and ball possession. Southern Utah has forced eight turnovers in its two games. They appeared vulnerable against the run in their opener, allowing 187 yards rushing to South Alabama in a 22-21 road victory.
By the numbers
2 It’s SUU’s second year in the Big Sky Conference after a 4-4 debut.
3 Marquee wins the Thunderbirds turned in a year ago, over No. 1 Eastern Washington, No. 11 Northern Arizona and at Montana.
45.1 Punter Brock Miller’s average after two games.