Game time: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Martin Stadium
TV: Pac-12 Network
Coach: Ed Lamb (28-29, sixth season at Southern Utah).
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
Last game: Swamped Division II Fort Lewis, the team coached by former D-I coach John L. Smith, 49-0, sparked by two fumble recoveries for touchdowns in the first half.
The series: This is the first meeting between the schools.
Star players: Quarterback Aaron Cantu, a 6-foot-2, 215-pound junior college transfer, was 15 of 16 in the first half against Fort Lewis before giving way to a backup in the second half. … Senior safety Tommy Collet Jr. has interceptions in three consecutive games.
Thunderbirds’ key to success: Causing turnovers and ball possession. Southern Utah has forced eight turnovers in its two games. They appeared vulnerable against the run in their opener, allowing 187 yards rushing to South Alabama in a 22-21 road victory.
By the numbers
2 It’s SUU’s second year in the Big Sky Conference after a 4-4 debut.
3 Marquee wins the Thunderbirds turned in a year ago, over No. 1 Eastern Washington, No. 11 Northern Arizona and at Montana.
45.1 Punter Brock Miller’s average after two games.