Game time: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Martin Stadium
TV: Pac-12 Network
Coach: Ed Lamb (28-29, sixth season at Southern Utah).
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Last game: Swamped Division II Fort Lewis, the team coached by former D-I coach John L. Smith, 49-0, sparked by two fumble recoveries for touchdowns in the first half.
The series: This is the first meeting between the schools.
Star players: Quarterback Aaron Cantu, a 6-foot-2, 215-pound junior college transfer, was 15 of 16 in the first half against Fort Lewis before giving way to a backup in the second half. … Senior safety Tommy Collet Jr. has interceptions in three consecutive games.
Thunderbirds’ key to success: Causing turnovers and ball possession. Southern Utah has forced eight turnovers in its two games. They appeared vulnerable against the run in their opener, allowing 187 yards rushing to South Alabama in a 22-21 road victory.
By the numbers
2 It’s SUU’s second year in the Big Sky Conference after a 4-4 debut.
3 Marquee wins the Thunderbirds turned in a year ago, over No. 1 Eastern Washington, No. 11 Northern Arizona and at Montana.
45.1 Punter Brock Miller’s average after two games.