Players of the game • Jeff Tuel of Washington State completed 43 of 60 passes for 401 yards, all career highs, with two touchdowns...
Players of the game
• Jeff Tuel of Washington State completed 43 of 60 passes for 401 yards, all career highs, with two touchdowns and an interception. But the senior saw the Cougars’ chances of comeback evaporate on the final drive. The quarterback led the Cougars to the Stanford 9-yard line before two sacks, with an intentional grounding penalty on the second, left WSU at the 27 as time ran out.
• Marquess Wilson of WSU caught nine passes for 100 yards, marking the 32nd straight game he had a reception.
• Usua Amanam and Brent Murphy each had two sacks as Stanford sacked Tuel 10 times.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
Most Read Stories
Ed Reynolds returned an Tuel interception 25 yards in the fourth quarter to put the Cardinal ahead 24-10 with 10:43 left.
Saturday, noon, at Utah.
By the numbers
0 Turnovers by Stanford
5 Consecutive losses by WSU
10 Sacks by Stanford
43 School-record completions by Tuel
61 Passes thrown by Washington State
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||W, 35-27|
|Sept. 22||Colorado||L, 35-34|
|Sept. 29||Oregon||L, 51-26|
|Oct. 6||at Ore. St.||L, 19-6|
|Oct. 13||California||L, 31-17|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||L, 24-17|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||Noon|
|Nov. 17||at Ariz. St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||UW||12:30 p.m.|