Star of the game Washington State quarterback Jeff Tuel was 20 of 26 for 171 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions — markedly...
Star of the game
Washington State quarterback Jeff Tuel was 20 of 26 for 171 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions — markedly improved from last week.
Play of the game
WSU junior Andrew Furney hit a 60-yard field goal as time ran out in the first half, a boot that trails only Jason Hanson’s 62-yarder in 1991.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
Most Read Stories
WSU’s transfer punter, Michael Bowlin, averaged 49.6 yards, and the Cougars’ net-punting average was a lofty 47.3.
Tuel left early in the fourth quarter with a knee injury, but appeared for postgame interviews and the problem is not thought serious.
He said it
“On all sides of the ball, we’re explosive. But we’ve got to be consistent. We’re not good enough to fall flat or go dormant.” — Mike Leach.
By the numbers
2 Touchdown passes caught by WSU sophomore Isiah Myers, the first of his career.
93 The distance of Eastern’s first TD pass from Kyle Padron to Brandon Kaufman.
33,598 The sellout crowd at Martin Stadium, first in a home opener since 1952.
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||6 p.m.|
|Oct. 6||at Oregon St.||TBA|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||TBA|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||TBA|
|Nov. 17||at Arizona St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||Washington||12:30 p.m.|