Washington State has sold about 3,800 tickets for its Dec. 21 appearance in the New Mexico Bowl, WSU ticket manager Paul Finn said late Tuesday.
Bill Moos, WSU athletic director, said the school is committed to sell $150,000 worth of tickets for the game against Colorado State, which he said equates to about 5,000 seats. They are priced at $25 and $40 each.
T-birds skate by Tri-City, 3-1
Mathew Barzal scored the go-ahead goal in the third period to help the Seattle Thunderbirds to a 3-1 victory over the Tri-City Americans in Kennewick.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
Roberts Lipsbergs gave the T-birds a 1-0 lead before Lucas Nickles tied the score at 1, 17:24 into the second period.
Barzal scored 2:50 into the third period and Lipsbergs added an empty-net goal with 35 seconds remaining.
Danny Mumaugh made 22 saves for the T-birds.
• UW’s Mary Lou Mulflur became the 46th member inducted into the Women’s Golf Coaches Association Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Mulflur became the second Husky in the Hall, joining her mentor Edean Ihlanfeldt.
Mulflur is in her 31st season as Husky coach, leading UW to 20 straight NCAA regional appearances and nine trips to the NCAA Championships.
• Senior Jenna Orlandini and juniors Krista Vansant and Kaleigh Nelson were named to the American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Region Team for the Pacific North Region. The three will now all be eligible for AVCA All-America honors.
• Four Washington players and two from Seattle U were picked to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA)’s All-Far West Region Team.
UW’s Taylor Peay and Darwin Jones and Miguel Gonzalez of Seattle U were first-team picks. James Moberg and Cristian Roldan of UW were on the second team, and Jake Feener of the Redhawks was on the third team. Stanford’s Jordan Morris of Mercer Island was on the third team.
• Washington State’s Kyra Holt was named the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Pacific North Region Freshman of the Year.
From sports-information reports.