Cougars' 2-Minute Drill
Star of the game
Colorado quarterback Jordan Webb absorbed six sacks and left for one series after a hard hit in the fourth quarter, but he completed 29 of 42 passes with one interception for 345 yards and two touchdowns.
Play of the game
Webb ran for a touchdown on a fourth-and-goal draw play with 9 seconds left, and when Will Oliver kicked the extra point, Colorado had a one-point victory.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Reports: Seattle Seahawks' RB Marshawn Lynch out at least four weeks, set for surgery Wednesday
Most Read Stories
With 8:07 left, Washington State had a 31-14 lead and a fourth-and-three situation at the Colorado 19. The Cougars opted to go for it, Connor Halliday was intercepted at the CU 8, and on their next series, the Buffs clicked for a 70-yard touchdown pass.
WSU OT Wade Jacobson left with what appeared to be a shoulder injury (WSU coach Mike Leach does not discuss injuries).
He said it
“Physically, we’re not that bad. But mentally, we’re afraid to be successful. We’re afraid to win.” — WSU coach Mike Leach.
Oregon, at CenturyLink Field, Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
By the numbers
1 Touchdown WSU has scored in four fourth quarters in 2012.
2 Connor Halliday’s 60 pass attempts was second in history to Drew Bledsoe’s 66 in 1992 against Montana.
2.5 Sacks recorded by linebacker Travis Long, giving him 6 ½ this year.
46 Yards Marquess Wilson needs to break the school career receiving record of 2,756 by Brandon Gibson (2005-08).
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||W, 35-27|
|Sept. 22||Colorado||L, 35-34|
|Sept. 29||Oregon||7:30 p.m.|
|Oct. 6||at Oregon St.||TBA|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||TBA|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||TBA|
|Nov. 17||at Arizona St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||Washington||12:30 p.m.|