Bill Moos, Washington State athletic director, had a pointed reaction Monday on his weekly radio show in Spokane to an observation by former Washington women’s soccer goaltender Hope Solo that the Cougars are the Huskies’ “little brother.”
“I don’t want to be Hope Solo’s little brother,” said Moos. “She can find another little brother.
“I want to make that very explicit. I’m not her little brother, and neither are any of us Cougars.”
Solo, a member of the U.S. women’s soccer team, was a guest picker of football games Saturday morning on ESPN’s “College GameDay” show. She did select the Cougars to beat Oregon State, but the Beavers won 52-24.
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org