Bill Moos, Washington State athletic director, had a pointed reaction Monday on his weekly radio show in Spokane to an observation by former Washington women’s soccer goaltender Hope Solo that the Cougars are the Huskies’ “little brother.”
“I don’t want to be Hope Solo’s little brother,” said Moos. “She can find another little brother.
“I want to make that very explicit. I’m not her little brother, and neither are any of us Cougars.”
Solo, a member of the U.S. women’s soccer team, was a guest picker of football games Saturday morning on ESPN’s “College GameDay” show. She did select the Cougars to beat Oregon State, but the Beavers won 52-24.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or email@example.com