Bill Moos, Washington State athletic director, had a pointed reaction Monday on his weekly radio show in Spokane to an observation by former Washington women’s soccer goaltender Hope Solo that the Cougars are the Huskies’ “little brother.”
“I don’t want to be Hope Solo’s little brother,” said Moos. “She can find another little brother.
“I want to make that very explicit. I’m not her little brother, and neither are any of us Cougars.”
Solo, a member of the U.S. women’s soccer team, was a guest picker of football games Saturday morning on ESPN’s “College GameDay” show. She did select the Cougars to beat Oregon State, but the Beavers won 52-24.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Subway suspends ties with spokesman Fogle after raid at home
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281 or email@example.com