Players of the game • UCLA freshman quarterback Brett Hundley completed 18 of 21 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns. • • Washington State...
Players of the game
• UCLA freshman quarterback Brett Hundley completed 18 of 21 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns.
• Washington State QB Connor Holliday, who replaced an injured Jeff Tuel, got hot in the second half and completed 26 of 43 passes for 330 yards and five touchdowns.
Plays of the game
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
The Cougars dominated the game early in terms of yardage, but special-teams miscues in the first half killed them. They allowed two blocked field goals, one returned for the first touchdown of the game, and two blocked punts.
The Cougars were moving the ball well on offense early in the game, but Tuel was injured late in the first quarter. Halliday finished off that drive with a touchdown pass to tie the score at 7, but the Cougars did little offensively the rest of the half and fell behind 37-7 at halftime.
Saturday, the Cougars travel to Arizona State (3-4, 5-5 in Pac-12). Game time is still to be determined. WSU hosts the Apple Cup on Friday, Nov. 23.
By the numbers
2 Sacks by the Cougars’ Travis Long, giving him 12 for the season.
7 Career-high receptions for WSU receiver Dominique Williams, who also had the second and third touchdown catches of his career.
30 Points UCLA scored in a span of 7 minutes, 39 seconds in the second quarter.
524 WSU’s total yards, 190 more than the Bruins.
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||W, 35-27|
|Sept. 22||Colorado||L, 35-34|
|Sept. 29||Oregon||L, 51-26|
|Oct. 6||at Ore. St.||L, 19-6|
|Oct. 13||California||L, 31-17|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||L, 24-17|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||L, 49-6|
|Nov. 10||UCLA||L, 44-36|
|Nov. 17||at Ariz. St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||UW||12:30 p.m.|