Players of the game • UCLA freshman quarterback Brett Hundley completed 18 of 21 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns. • • Washington State...
Players of the game
• UCLA freshman quarterback Brett Hundley completed 18 of 21 passes for 261 yards and three touchdowns.
• Washington State QB Connor Holliday, who replaced an injured Jeff Tuel, got hot in the second half and completed 26 of 43 passes for 330 yards and five touchdowns.
Plays of the game
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
The Cougars dominated the game early in terms of yardage, but special-teams miscues in the first half killed them. They allowed two blocked field goals, one returned for the first touchdown of the game, and two blocked punts.
The Cougars were moving the ball well on offense early in the game, but Tuel was injured late in the first quarter. Halliday finished off that drive with a touchdown pass to tie the score at 7, but the Cougars did little offensively the rest of the half and fell behind 37-7 at halftime.
Saturday, the Cougars travel to Arizona State (3-4, 5-5 in Pac-12). Game time is still to be determined. WSU hosts the Apple Cup on Friday, Nov. 23.
By the numbers
2 Sacks by the Cougars’ Travis Long, giving him 12 for the season.
7 Career-high receptions for WSU receiver Dominique Williams, who also had the second and third touchdown catches of his career.
30 Points UCLA scored in a span of 7 minutes, 39 seconds in the second quarter.
524 WSU’s total yards, 190 more than the Bruins.
|Aug. 30||at BYU||L, 30-6|
|Sept. 8||E. Wash.||W, 24-20|
|Sept. 14||at UNLV||W, 35-27|
|Sept. 22||Colorado||L, 35-34|
|Sept. 29||Oregon||L, 51-26|
|Oct. 6||at Ore. St.||L, 19-6|
|Oct. 13||California||L, 31-17|
|Oct. 27||at Stanford||L, 24-17|
|Nov. 3||at Utah||L, 49-6|
|Nov. 10||UCLA||L, 44-36|
|Nov. 17||at Ariz. St.||TBA|
|Nov. 23||UW||12:30 p.m.|