PULLMAN – Guard DaVonte Lacy scored 21 points to lead the Washington State men’s basketball team to an 84-64 victory over Lamar on Saturday night.
Lacy, a junior guard from Curtis High School in University Place, made 8 of 13 shots from the field for the Cougars (2-0).
Dexter Kernich-Drew added 15 points and a game-high seven rebounds for WSU, which plays 15th-ranked Gonzaga on Thursday in Spokane.
WSU had a 38-29 rebounding advantage in a game that attracted a crowd of 2,593.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
Amos Wilson scored 16 points for the Cardinals (0-3) from Beaumont, Texas.
Lamar is coached by Pat Knight, son of Hall of Fame coach Bob Knight.