TEMPE, Ariz. — Katie Hempen hit four three-pointers and all seven of her free throws for a career-high 21 points, leading No. 18 Arizona State to its ninth consecutive victory as the Sun Devils beat Washington State 78-64 Monday.
Kelsey Moos, out of Reardan High, and Sophie Brunner each added 15 points and seven rebounds for the Sun Devils (13-1, 2-0 Pac-12) and Elisha Davis had 13.
Washington State (10-3, 1-1), which had a six-game winning streak snapped, was led by Lia Galdeira with 19 points and Tia Presley with 15.
Moos, who hit 7 of 9 shots, and Hempen had 10 each at halftime as the Sun Devils shot 61 percent to lead 43-29 at the break. ASU finished at 53 percent and was 15 of 17 from the foul line.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
Arizona State, off to its best start since going 15-1 in 1982-83, ended an opponent’s winning streak of at least six games for the fourth time in five games.