PULLMAN – Que Johnson scored 14 points and made four three-pointers to help the Washington State men rout UCLA 73-55 Saturday night and secure an 11th-place finish in the Pac-12.
Ike Iroegbu scored 14 points and D.J. Shelton had 10 points and a game-high 14 rebounds as WSU (10-20 overall, 3-15 Pac-12) snapped its losing streak at eight games and finished ahead of USC.
UCLA (23-8, 12-6) took a 9-0 lead, but then went cold from the field. The Bruins shot 33 percent for the game, compared with 37 percent for the Cougars.
Washington State finished the first half on a 16-2 run for a 34-26 lead.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Kyle Anderson scored 19 points to lead UCLA.