Brock Motum scored 15 points to help Washington State crush Utah Valley 72-49 on Wednesday night. Sophomore reserve Dexter Kernich-Drew...
PULLMAN — Brock Motum scored 15 points to help Washington State crush Utah Valley 72-49 on Wednesday night.
Sophomore reserve Dexter Kernich-Drew scored 14 points. Mike Ladd had 13 points, and DaVonte Lacy had 11 points and six assists.
Washington State (2-0) took a commanding 45-22 halftime lead. The Cougars stretched it to 64-36 with just over 11 minutes to play.
The Cougars executed the perfect inside-out game plan and exposed the undersized Utah Valley centers, outscoring them 40-20 in the paint.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Co-pilot deliberately slams plane in Alps; families ask why
Most Read Stories
The Wolverines (1-2), who shot 51 percent from the field, was led by 10 points and five rebounds from Ben Aird.
The Cougars are 46-1 in November games in Pullman.