SALT LAKE CITY — Tia Presley had 32 points and Lia Galdeira scored 16 of her 18 points in the second half Friday night as the Washington State women beat Utah 83-73.
WSU (13-12, 7-6 Pac-12) used an 11-2 run to take a 73-65 lead with 6:06 left and held on from there to reach the 13-win mark for the first time since 1995-96.
Presley was 16 of 21 at the free-throw line. She tied the school record for made free throws in a game and broke the record for attempts.
Utah is 10-14, 3-10.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents