Washington State could be near to naming a new men’s basketball coach, 10 days after firing five-year coach Ken Bone.
Taylor Hennessey, WSU student body president, tweeted Friday morning that the school’s Board of Regents was told at its regular meeting that athletic director Bill Moos has made an offer to a candidate, but that the deal has not yet been accepted.
Names most frequently advanced for the position include Boise State coach Leon Rice (a 1986 alum of WSU); former Oregon coach Ernie Kent; former WSU coach Kelvin Sampson, now an assistant with the Houston Rockets; Marvin Menzies, New Mexico State coach; and Mark Fox, Georgia coach.
Bone was fired March 18 after an 80-86 record at WSU.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281