Washington State could be near to naming a new men’s basketball coach, 10 days after firing five-year coach Ken Bone.
Taylor Hennessey, WSU student body president, tweeted Friday morning that the school’s Board of Regents was told at its regular meeting that athletic director Bill Moos has made an offer to a candidate, but that the deal has not yet been accepted.
Names most frequently advanced for the position include Boise State coach Leon Rice (a 1986 alum of WSU); former Oregon coach Ernie Kent; former WSU coach Kelvin Sampson, now an assistant with the Houston Rockets; Marvin Menzies, New Mexico State coach; and Mark Fox, Georgia coach.
Bone was fired March 18 after an 80-86 record at WSU.
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Should UW stick with coach Lorenzo Romar?
- Doughnut wars: Seattle sweets vs. Portland pastries
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281