Washington State could be near to naming a new men’s basketball coach, 10 days after firing five-year coach Ken Bone.
Taylor Hennessey, WSU student body president, tweeted Friday morning that the school’s Board of Regents was told at its regular meeting that athletic director Bill Moos has made an offer to a candidate, but that the deal has not yet been accepted.
Names most frequently advanced for the position include Boise State coach Leon Rice (a 1986 alum of WSU); former Oregon coach Ernie Kent; former WSU coach Kelvin Sampson, now an assistant with the Houston Rockets; Marvin Menzies, New Mexico State coach; and Mark Fox, Georgia coach.
Bone was fired March 18 after an 80-86 record at WSU.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Bud Withers: 206-464-8281