Jade Redmon’s layup in the final second gave the Eagles a 67-65 victory in a first-round game in Pullman.
Eastern Washington’s Jade Redmon converted the winning layup with 0.4 seconds left as the Eagles edged Washington State 67-65 in the Women’s NIT on Wednesday at Pullman.
“I was really nervous at first because they came out trapping, so I got a little frazzled,” Redmon said. “I knew we were tied so it doesn’t really matter but I was just glad we got the roll.”
Lia Galdeira scored 31 points for the Cougars (17-15). Mariah Cooks had 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Eastern’s Lexie Nelson scored 19 points. The Eagles (21-11) will play the winner of Sacramento State-Pacific at a site and time to be determined.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
- Seattle’s newcomers vs. longtime residents: At least we both like the Seahawks
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- 12 Tully’s Coffee locations at Boeing to close, with each side blaming the other