PULLMAN — Starting guard Royce Woolridge and reserve center James Hunter have left the Washington State basketball program, while recruit Jermaine Morgan has been released from his letter of intent.
New coach Ernie Kent said Tuesday Woolridge wants to play his final season closer to his family in Arizona. Woolridge averaged 7.3 points last season.
Kent said Woolridge is on schedule to graduate this school year with a degree in human development.
Hunter, a native of Sydney, Australia, played sparingly in two seasons at WSU and will seek to play his final season elsewhere.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
Morgan, a 6-foot-8 forward from Chicago, signed during the early signing period. Kent said Morgan wants to play closer to home.