PULLMAN — Starting guard Royce Woolridge and reserve center James Hunter have left the Washington State basketball program, while recruit Jermaine Morgan has been released from his letter of intent.
New coach Ernie Kent said Tuesday Woolridge wants to play his final season closer to his family in Arizona. Woolridge averaged 7.3 points last season.
Kent said Woolridge is on schedule to graduate this school year with a degree in human development.
Hunter, a native of Sydney, Australia, played sparingly in two seasons at WSU and will seek to play his final season elsewhere.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Amazon as an adult: Two decades of online shopping
Most Read Stories
Morgan, a 6-foot-8 forward from Chicago, signed during the early signing period. Kent said Morgan wants to play closer to home.