PULLMAN — Starting guard Royce Woolridge and reserve center James Hunter have left the Washington State basketball program, while recruit Jermaine Morgan has been released from his letter of intent.
New coach Ernie Kent said Tuesday Woolridge wants to play his final season closer to his family in Arizona. Woolridge averaged 7.3 points last season.
Kent said Woolridge is on schedule to graduate this school year with a degree in human development.
Hunter, a native of Sydney, Australia, played sparingly in two seasons at WSU and will seek to play his final season elsewhere.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle cop
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
- Jernard Jarreau leaving Washington
- Deep part of Cascadia fault so slippery sun, moon trigger tremors
Most Read Stories
Morgan, a 6-foot-8 forward from Chicago, signed during the early signing period. Kent said Morgan wants to play closer to home.