PULLMAN — Byron Wesley scored 20 second half points — ending the night with 31 — as USC beat Washington State 79-68 on Thursday to end a 10-game losing streak.
USC (11-19, 2-15 Pac-12) outscored Washington State 40-20 in the paint and out-rebounded the Cougars 40-34.
DaVonte Lacy had 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead four Cougars (9-20, 2-15) in double figures.
WSU held a 36-35 halftime edge and started the second half with back-to-back three-pointers, jumping out to a nine-point lead.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
USC erased that lead with a 16-2 run to go ahead 51-46 with 12:46 left. The Trojans extended their lead to 67-52 lead with 6:45 remaining and WSU never recovered.
|Thursday’s resultsUCLA 91, Washington 82USC 79, Washington St. 68|