Carrick Felix had 23 points and 11 rebounds, Jahii Carson scored 21 and Arizona State earned its 20th victory of the season by beating Washington...
TEMPE, Ariz. — Carrick Felix had 23 points and 11 rebounds, Jahii Carson scored 21 and Arizona State earned its 20th victory of the season by beating Washington State 69-57 Wednesday night.
Jordan Bachynski added 12 points for the Sun Devils (20-7, 9-5 Pac-12).
Brock Motum scored 17, Royce Woolridge 16 and DaVonte Lacy 15 for the last-place Cougars (11-16, 2-12) in their seventh loss in a row.
Arizona State finished the first half with a 14-3 run to lead 36-22 at the break and was up by as many as 21 before Washington State cut it to eight in the late going.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- At least 60,000 still without power after windstorm
Most Read Stories
The Sun Devils, one of the worst free-throw shooting teams in the country this season, sealed the win with eight straight in the final 1:35.
The Cougars were coming off a heart-wrenching overtime loss to Oregon. But they were playing from behind from almost the start in this one before falling to 1-7 on the road.
“They’re trying hard, doing whatever they can,” Washington State coach Ken Bone said, “fighting and scratching to get a win. We got beat by a better team tonight.”