Late turnovers cost Washington State, which held a 50-42 lead with under six minutes to play in regulation.
MALIBU, Calif. — Lorne Jackson hit back-to-back three-pointers down the stretch in regulation and added the game-winning basket with 12 seconds left in overtime as Pepperdine knocked off Washington State 58-56 Friday night.
Jackson’s layup in overtime put the Waves (1-2) up 57-56, and Jordan Baker added a free throw after WSU turned the ball over on its final possession.
The Cougars (2-1) went scoreless for the final 5 minutes, 25 seconds of regulation — missing four shots and committing four turnovers — as Pepperdine rallied from a 50-42 deficit.
Brock Motum led Washington State with 15 points. Royce Woolridge added 11, and Mike Ladd had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development