Brazil forward Neymar has a swollen right thigh after Saturday's penalty shootout win against Chile at the World Cup and may need several days to recover.
Brazil forward Neymar has a swollen right thigh after Saturday’s penalty shootout win against Chile at the World Cup and may need several days to recover.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari says he expects Neymar’s injury to be a problem for up to four days and that “we will try to do our best to put him on the pitch.”
Scolari hopes Neymar will be fit for Brazil’s quarterfinal in Fortaleza on July 4.
Neymar, who came in for some harsh challenges in the second round match, twice had to leave the pitch for treatment — after being caught by Charles Aranguiz in the fourth minute and then midfielder Arturo Vidal in the 28th, when Neymar nearly flipped over and appeared to hurt his back in the fall.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father