Brazil forward Neymar has a swollen right thigh after Saturday's penalty shootout win against Chile at the World Cup and may need several days to recover.
Brazil forward Neymar has a swollen right thigh after Saturday’s penalty shootout win against Chile at the World Cup and may need several days to recover.
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari says he expects Neymar’s injury to be a problem for up to four days and that “we will try to do our best to put him on the pitch.”
Scolari hopes Neymar will be fit for Brazil’s quarterfinal in Fortaleza on July 4.
Neymar, who came in for some harsh challenges in the second round match, twice had to leave the pitch for treatment — after being caught by Charles Aranguiz in the fourth minute and then midfielder Arturo Vidal in the 28th, when Neymar nearly flipped over and appeared to hurt his back in the fall.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- From best picks to the puzzlers, reviewing the Seahawks’ draft selections