FIFA has officially timed Clint Dempsey's goal at 30 seconds into the United States' 2-1 win over Ghana.
FIFA has officially timed Clint Dempsey’s goal at 30 seconds into the United States’ 2-1 win over Ghana.
Dempsey became the fifth fastest scorer in World Cup history on Monday in Natal.
The goal was initially timed at 29 seconds before being confirmed at one second later by FIFA on Tuesday.
The only faster goals at a World Cup were by Turkey’s Hakan Suker (11 seconds against South Korea in 2002), Czechoslovakia’s Vaclav Masek (16 seconds against Mexico in 1962), Germany’s Ernst Lehner (25 seconds against Austria in 1934), and England’s Bryan Robson (27 seconds against France in 1982).
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
Dempsey became the first American to score in three World Cups.