Lia Galdeira picked up her third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor of the season, the conference office announced Monday. Galdeira averaged 20. 5...
Lia Galdeira picked up her third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor of the season, the conference office announced Monday.
Galdeira averaged 20.5 points and 7.0 steals for the Cougars, who beat Arizona State and Arizona over the weekend. The freshman guard scored 20 points, grabbed eight rebounds and recorded seven steals in a 54-43 victory over Arizona State on Friday before posting 21 points and seven steals in a 60-50 win at Arizona two days later.
Galdeira, a native of Kamuela, Hawaii, shot over 47 percent in the two games and has scored more than 20 points in three straight games, and four times this season. She leads WSU in scoring at 14.7 points per game. Galdeira earned Freshman of the Week honors on consecutive weeks in December.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
Western Washington’s Austin Bragg was named the Great Northwest Athletic Conference Men’s Basketball Co-Player of the Week after recording a conference-best fifth double-double Saturday.
• The GNAC suspended Northwest Nazarene men’s basketball coach Dave Daniels for one game for unsportsmanlike actions immediately following Saturday’s game at Alaska-Anchorage.
Daniels will sit out Thursday night’s home game vs. Western Washington.
• Gonzaga women’s basketball player Haiden Palmer was named West Coast Conference Player of the Week. Palmer averaged 13.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 4.5 steals per game last week as the Zags improved to 8-1 in the WCC.
• Fifth-ranked Western Washington’s Trishi Williams was named the GNAC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after recording the third triple-double in school history against Alaska-Anchorage.
• Western Washington outfielder Camille Depew was named the GNAC’s Softball Player of the Week.
• Seattle-based Team Clark, led by Brady Clark, won the Washington State Mixed Curling Championship over Team Sieg at Granite Curling Club to earn the right to play at nationals.
From sports-information reports.