Jesse Walter of Seattle and Mitch Stewart of Federal Way advanced to the men’s final at the Seattle City Open tennis tournament at Lower Woodland Park on Saturday.
Walter beat Jeremy Berman of Seattle 7-6, 6-1 in the semifinals. Stewart beat Angelo Niculescu of Sammamish 6-3, 6-2.
In the women’s semifinals, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue beat Ann Whitney of Bellingham 6-1, 6-3, and Megan Lalone of Stanwood beat Sabrina Demerath of Kenmore 6-2, 6-1.
From sports-information reports and other sources.
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery