Jesse Walter of Seattle and Mitch Stewart of Federal Way advanced to the men’s final at the Seattle City Open tennis tournament at Lower Woodland Park on Saturday.
Walter beat Jeremy Berman of Seattle 7-6, 6-1 in the semifinals. Stewart beat Angelo Niculescu of Sammamish 6-3, 6-2.
In the women’s semifinals, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue beat Ann Whitney of Bellingham 6-1, 6-3, and Megan Lalone of Stanwood beat Sabrina Demerath of Kenmore 6-2, 6-1.
From sports-information reports and other sources.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit