Jesse Walter of Seattle and Mitch Stewart of Federal Way advanced to the men’s final at the Seattle City Open tennis tournament at Lower Woodland Park on Saturday.
Walter beat Jeremy Berman of Seattle 7-6, 6-1 in the semifinals. Stewart beat Angelo Niculescu of Sammamish 6-3, 6-2.
In the women’s semifinals, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue beat Ann Whitney of Bellingham 6-1, 6-3, and Megan Lalone of Stanwood beat Sabrina Demerath of Kenmore 6-2, 6-1.
From sports-information reports and other sources.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV