Jesse Walter of Seattle and Mitch Stewart of Federal Way advanced to the men’s final at the Seattle City Open tennis tournament at Lower Woodland Park on Saturday.
Walter beat Jeremy Berman of Seattle 7-6, 6-1 in the semifinals. Stewart beat Angelo Niculescu of Sammamish 6-3, 6-2.
In the women’s semifinals, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue beat Ann Whitney of Bellingham 6-1, 6-3, and Megan Lalone of Stanwood beat Sabrina Demerath of Kenmore 6-2, 6-1.
From sports-information reports and other sources.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area