Jesse Walter of Seattle and Mitch Stewart of Federal Way advanced to the men’s final at the Seattle City Open tennis tournament at Lower Woodland Park on Saturday.
Walter beat Jeremy Berman of Seattle 7-6, 6-1 in the semifinals. Stewart beat Angelo Niculescu of Sammamish 6-3, 6-2.
In the women’s semifinals, Vivian Glozman of Bellevue beat Ann Whitney of Bellingham 6-1, 6-3, and Megan Lalone of Stanwood beat Sabrina Demerath of Kenmore 6-2, 6-1.
From sports-information reports and other sources.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers