Washington's Two-Minute Drill
Players of the game
• Washington running back Bishop Sankey gained 162 yards on a career-high 36 carries, scoring on runs of 2 and 4 yards.
• Washington’s Austin Seferian-Jenkins caught seven passes for 99 yards and moved into first place on the school’s career reception list for a tight end. He has 96 career receptions, which broke the old mark set by Mark Bruener. Seferian-Jenkins also played defensive end on several plays. The last two-way player for the Huskies was Reggie Williams in 2003.
• Keith Price, the Huskies’ quarterback, finished with a season-high 277 yards on 24-for-33 passing, including two touchdown throws. He also ran for a 4-yard score.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Play of the game
Despite pressure from the Utah blitz, Price lofted a pass into the back of the end zone while he was tackled in the backfield. Sophomore receiver Kasen Williams snared the ball for an 8-yard touchdown reception with 11:28 remaining in the second quarter.
Leading 21-15, linebacker Jamaal Kearse recovered a muffed punt at the Utah 46 that got away from Utes returner Charles Henderson. The Huskies scored five plays later when running back Sankey carried 2 yards for the score. UW failed on the two-point conversion, but led 27-15 with 1:56 left in the third quarter.
By the numbers
10 Bishop Sankey is the 10th Husky to run for at least 1,000 yards. He has 1,017.
8 The number of receivers who made a catch for UW.
18 Longest reception for a Utah receiver.
96 Austin Seferian-Jenkins holds the UW record for career receptions by a tight end, breaking Mark Breuner’s old mark of 95.
|Sept. 1||S. Diego St.||W, 21-12|
|Sept. 8||at LSU||L, 41-3|
|Sept. 15||Port. St.||W, 52-13|
|Sept. 27||Stanford||W, 17-13|
|Oct. 6||at Oregon||L, 52-21|
|Oct. 13||USC||L, 24-14|
|Oct. 20||at Arizona||L, 52-17|
|Oct. 27||Oregon St.||W, 20-17|
|Nov. 2||at Cal||W, 21-13|
|Nov. 10||Utah||W, 34-15|
|Nov. 17||at Colorado||10:30 a.m.|
|Nov. 23||at WSU||12:30 p.m.|