7 p.m. at Husky Stadium
FOX Sports 1 TV (new cable channel), 950 AM radio
Line ’em up: One thing to watch when UW has the ball is the offensive line — specifically how quickly those linemen line up in the Huskies’ new up-tempo scheme. UW expects to play seven linemen against Boise State. Can they keep up the pace?
Tricked out: Boise State uses trick or “gadget” plays as well as anyone. UW defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox said the Broncos used four trick plays in the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas and were successful with two of them. The Huskies are prepared to see more Saturday.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Lawrence, the machine: Boise State returns just 10 starters from 2012, and one of the new faces UW will see is DE Demarcus Lawrence, who was suspended for the Vegas bowl. Lawrence could be the best player on the Broncos’ defense this season after recording 9.5 sacks in 2012, most in the Mountain West Conference.
The line: Huskies by 4 points.
Adam Jude’s pick: UW 31, Boise State 28.
Boise State players to watch
|Pos.||Player||Key 2012 stat|
|QB||Joe Southwick||19 TD, 7 INT|
|RB||Jay Ajayi||548 yards, 4 TD|
|WR||Matt Miller||66 catches, 769 yds.|
|DE||Dem. Lawrence||9.5 sacks|
|S||Jeremy Ioane||70 tackles|
Adam Jude, The Seattle Times