Photos by Stephanie Clary / The Seattle Times
The Washington and Nebraska football teams spent Tuesday afternoon on the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in Coronado, Calif. — just outside of San Diego.
Members from both teams attended the Navy & Marine Corps Luncheon aboard the ship and were later given a guided tour.
Before the Husky and Cornhusker players arrived, both schools’ marching bands and cheerlearders performed in a battle of the bands in front of the ship. It was a friendly battle, with each school alternating performances for almost an hour.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Below are photos and videos from today’s event.