Photos by Stephanie Clary / The Seattle Times
The Washington and Nebraska football teams spent Tuesday afternoon on the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in Coronado, Calif. — just outside of San Diego.
Members from both teams attended the Navy & Marine Corps Luncheon aboard the ship and were later given a guided tour.
Before the Husky and Cornhusker players arrived, both schools’ marching bands and cheerlearders performed in a battle of the bands in front of the ship. It was a friendly battle, with each school alternating performances for almost an hour.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
Most Read Stories
Below are photos and videos from today’s event.