Photos by Stephanie Clary / The Seattle Times
The Washington and Nebraska football teams spent Tuesday afternoon on the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in Coronado, Calif. — just outside of San Diego.
Members from both teams attended the Navy & Marine Corps Luncheon aboard the ship and were later given a guided tour.
Before the Husky and Cornhusker players arrived, both schools’ marching bands and cheerlearders performed in a battle of the bands in front of the ship. It was a friendly battle, with each school alternating performances for almost an hour.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
Most Read Stories
Below are photos and videos from today’s event.