Photos by Stephanie Clary / The Seattle Times
The Washington and Nebraska football teams spent Tuesday afternoon on the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in Coronado, Calif. — just outside of San Diego.
Members from both teams attended the Navy & Marine Corps Luncheon aboard the ship and were later given a guided tour.
Before the Husky and Cornhusker players arrived, both schools’ marching bands and cheerlearders performed in a battle of the bands in front of the ship. It was a friendly battle, with each school alternating performances for almost an hour.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
Below are photos and videos from today’s event.