Photos by Stephanie Clary / The Seattle Times
The Washington and Nebraska football teams spent Tuesday afternoon on the USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier in Coronado, Calif. — just outside of San Diego.
Members from both teams attended the Navy & Marine Corps Luncheon aboard the ship and were later given a guided tour.
Before the Husky and Cornhusker players arrived, both schools’ marching bands and cheerlearders performed in a battle of the bands in front of the ship. It was a friendly battle, with each school alternating performances for almost an hour.
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
Below are photos and videos from today’s event.