Jake Browning and Luke Falk were both named to the Manning Award watch list for the second consecutive seasons.
Washington’s Jake Browning and WSU’s Luke Falk were two of 30 quarterbacks named Wednesday to the watch list for the Manning Award, presented to the nation’s top quarterback at the end of each season.
The Manning Award honors the top quarterback in college football after bowl season every year. Falk and Browning were both finalists for the award in 2016. Both were also previously named to watch lists for the Walter Camp and the Davey O’Brien Awards this season.
As a sophomore in 2016, Browning was named the Pac-12 offensive player of the year and finished sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting after passing for 3,430 yards and tying the Pac-12 record with 43 touchdown passes. He played the final three games of the season with a shoulder injury that was surgically repaired in January. He says he is 100 percent healthy now.
He was a finalist for the Manning and Walter Camp Awards in 2016 and also earned Academic All-America District VIII honors as a sophomore. Browning enters the 2017 season with 6,385 yards and 59 touchdown passes in his two seasons at Washington.
Falk finished his junior season with 4,468 passing yards and 38 passing touchdowns, and had the second-best completion percentage (70.0) in school history.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Seahawks, Titans stay in locker room during national anthem prior to Sunday's game in Tennessee WATCH
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'
The Manning Award was created by the AllState Sugar Bowl in honor of renowned quarterbacks Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning.
Midseason additions to the watch list will be announced on Oct. 12 and a list of 10 finalists will be released on Nov. 30. The winner will be announced in the week following the College Football Playoff National Championship.