Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said after Saturday's practice that sophomore running back Dezden Petty has decided to transfer. Petty, a member of...
Washington coach Steve Sarkisian said after Saturday’s practice that sophomore running back Dezden Petty has decided to transfer.
Petty, a member of the Class of 2011 from Gardena High in Carson, Calif., had 29 carries for 99 yards last season as a backup running back. The Huskies could have a lot of depth at that spot if Jesse Callier and Deontae Cooper make it back from injury, and also have moved Dwayne Washington to tailback, all serving as potential backups/complements to returning junior Bishop Sankey, who rushed for 1,439 yards last season.
Erich Wilson, Ryan McDaniel and Psalm Wooching are also competing for time in the backfield this spring, and true frosh Lavon Coleman will join the roster in the fall. (Kendyl Taylor is listed as a running back/receiver this spring and also has tailback experience.)
Petty is the second player the school has announced in the last week who is transferring, the other being defensive end Corey Waller, also a member of the Class of 2011.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Bob Condotta: 206-515-5699 or firstname.lastname@example.org